Saturday, April 24, 2010

Queuing up

Just queuing up a short list of graphic novels that I'll be looking at next, in no particular order:

God Loves, Man Kills
Green Arrow: Quiver
We are on our own
Smoke
Marvels
Auschwitz
Simon's Cat
Bunny Suicides
Why I killed Peter
100 Bullets
House of Mystery 1


And more...

I will say, that I was going to review Bunny Suicides sooner rather than later, but I just sold the copies I had a few weeks ago to help pay for some stuff that's come up. Short review - they are funny, but they weren't meant for teens. A smart woman - Robin from No Flying, No Tights - said at a seminar I was at, that we have to consider who the intended audience was meant to be. And given some of the references, it's clear that the cartoons are more for adults - British cultural references, science fiction references, and other cultural references that would be understood by those that actually lived through the 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment